The design challenge
- Most sim chassis offer very limited adjustment that support young drivers and tall adults.
- Most sim chassis don't offer raised F1 pedal height and conventional sport car pedal height.
- Most sim chassis offer very limited wheel & pedal angle adjustment.
So we designed a sim rig which is built in two sections and supports a wide range of quick adjustment.
Strong & simple T-Channel adjustment
- 150mm of wheel height adjustment
- 0 > 15degrees of wheel angle adjustment
- 100mm of wheel back/fourth adjustment
- 125mm of pedal height adjustment
- 0 > 15degrees pedal angle adjustment
- 100mm of pedal back/fourth adjustment
- Quick release, 350mm of sim chassis length adjustment
- The sim rig is wide enough for almost any race seat
- The Ikea Poang chair is an in-expensive comfortable solution
- Two sheets of 19mm (3/4") MDF or plywood (around $130 > $150cdn)
What we supply
- Full scale drawing for every panel
- Full scale print drawings of all the parts designed for roll feed printer, so it easy to print all the parts full scale
- General engineering drawing views
- Scale drawings for extrusion
- 3D CAD renderings showing various views
What we don't supply
- Joiner techniques and step by step assembly instructions
- There are many, many ways and techniques to join to panels, many require specialist tools. Ask any two woodworkers to choose the "best" technique and the debate would begin and last for hours. I have chosen to design this sim rig using European style hardware, like used in knockdown furniture. I not suggesting this technique is good for a wood worker with basic skills, I suggest these woodworkers use screwing strips to reinforce the T or L joints because this is simple, fast and strong.
STEP 1 - Ordering
Choose the Plans, Digital or Physical.
OSR will send you the digital plans normally within 24 hours. The digital plans are released using google drive, this process is 100% manual, so a little patience is sometimes required :-). It helps the process if you have a gmail account, but this is not essential.
If you choose paper version these have a 10 day lead time.
STEP 2 - Assembling & Cutting
We suggest you use 1:1 scale paper plans and lay on wood to cut with a jigsaw.
STEP 3 - Mounting
Mount chosen Monitors, Seat, and Hardware (not provided).
Prices shown in CDN Dollars
The plans are copyrighted and licensed for personal use only. The completed or partially completed sim rigs chassis is not permitted to be sold, resold, distributed, mass produced or used in any commercial fashion. The plans may not be reproduced or distributed in any manner.