The design challenge was to develop a simple to construct sim rig, which is very strong, in-expensive and simple to produce with basic wood working tools and knowledge.
This design can be used for conventional wheels sold by Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec & direct drive wheel bases like Accuforce, OSW & Fanatec Podium.
This sim rig is made from inexpensive construction lumber available anywhere in the world with some custom joining wood plates to make assembly strong & quick.
Approximate build cost
This is hard to define because sim racer live all of the world, in Canada the total would be less than $75CDN if you use inexpensive construction timber & 1/2" (9mm) MDF from your local DIY store.
STEP 1 - Ordering
Choose the Plans, Digital or Physical.
OSR will send you the digital plans normally within 24 hours. The digital plans are released using google drive, this process is 100% manual, so a little patience is sometimes required :-). It helps the process if you have a gmail account, but this is not essential.
- Full cutting list for North American 2" * 4" or Europe 47mm * 100mm lumber
- Most countries around the world offer standard size lumber for building homes.
- In Canadathey are called "2 * 3" & "2 * 4" made from pine and used to frame interior walls.
- In Europe they are called 47mm * 100mm construction but the typical actual size is 45mm * 95mm
- Cutting drawings for each piece of lumber
- Full scale drawings for all the custom joining plates
- Optional CNC files for all the custom joining plates
Your Shopping list items include:
- Wood 2X4's, roughly 3m (16ft)
- Wood 2X3's, roughly 7m (20ft)
- 3/8 or 9mm plywood for joining plates, half sheet
- Wood Screws
STEP 2 - Assembling & Cutting
Once all the OSR Plans, Custom Hardware and Shopping List parts have arrived you are ready for assembly. Follow the OSR Plans.
The rest of the assembly process is very straight forward, just follow the plans!
The plans are copyrighted and licensed for personal use only. The completed or partially completed sim rigs chassis is not permitted to be sold, resold, distributed, mass produced or used in any commercial fashion. The plans may not be reproduce