Your Total Build Price Estimate
The total price for this rig is $750 (Standard 8020 parts) > $850usd (With custom plates) + shipping
Note OSR has now partnered with t-nutz.com and we can offer all the extrusion, L brackets, tnuts & bolts for $350USD + shipping.
Note Custom Plates Required
- 8 custom plates are required, these can be cut from wood with the full scale drawings provided
- Optional CNC files so you can have the custom plates cut locally in aluminium or steel
- OSR can quote and make the custom plates and have them powder coated any colour your wish
STEP 1 - Ordering
OSR will send you the digital plans normally within 24 hours. The digital plans are released using google drive, this process is 100% manual, so a little patience is sometimes required :-). It helps the process if you have a gmail account, but this is not essential.
OSR will send you the digital version of the plans and a shopping list to complete the project. Included in the list is:
- 10 or 25 Series Aluminum Extrusions
- Bolts, Nuts, T-Nuts
- Universal Structural Pivot Nub
- 2 Hole Inside Corner Brackets
Save money ordering aluminum extrusion
OSR recommends tnutz.com affiliate program they offer an excellent service, they ship world wide and you can use this link to to save over 35% compared to other suppliers.
STEP 2 - Assembling
Once all the OSR Plans, Custom Hardware and Shopping List parts have arrived you are ready for assembly. Follow the OSR Plans.
Depending on how you ordered the Aluminum Extrusion there might be some additional cutting to do if you ordered full lengths.
Some of the aluminum extrusion also needs to be tapped. Don't worry it's easy. We have a tutorial available online.
The rest of the assembly process is very straight forward, just follow the plans!
STEP 3 - Mounting
Mount chosen Monitors, Seat, and Hardware (not provided). If your set of pedals or wheel is not on the list, choose any of the choices above and drill holes on the plates.
Optional Additions in the Custom Hardware Store
- Shifter mount (Logitech, Fanatec, Thrustmaster, DSD Pro)
- Tactile Mounting Plates (Clark or Buttkicker)
- Wheel deck plate (Fanatec, Logitech, Thrustmaster, Accuforce OSW)
The plans are copyrighted and licensed for personal use only. The completed or partially completed sim rigs chassis is not permitted to be sold, resold, distributed, mass produced or used in any commercial fashion. The plans may not be reproduced or distributed in any manner.