Design a simple but very strong sim rig which is easy to build using construction lumber and wood construction sheet (MDF or plywood), that is inexpensive...
- Typical race seat
- Ikea Poang chair
Wheel base & pedals mounting templates
- Full scale drawing for each custom plate
- Full scale drawing for all the custom plates, so they can easily be printed as a single sheet (3' by 4'
- 22 High Quality Photos
- Sketchup Model. Software is available from Google for free!
STEP 1 - Ordering
Choose the Plans, Digital or Physical.
OSR will send you the digital plans normally within 24 hours. The digital plans are released using google drive, this process is 100% manual, so a little patience is sometimes required :-). It helps the process if you have a gmail account, but this is not essential.
Shopping list items include:
- Typical Construction Lumber 2X4's (Roughly 17.5m or 56FT)
- 12 sq feet of 3/8" (9mm) or 1/2" (12mm) plywood or MDF. Minimum size 3' by 4')
- Wood Screws
STEP 2 - Assembling & Cutting
Once all the OSR Plans, Custom Hardware and Shopping List parts have arrived you are ready for assembly. Follow the OSR Plans.
The rest of the assembly process is very straight forward, just follow the plans!
STEP 3 - Mounting
Mount chosen Monitors, Seat, and Hardware (not provided).
STEP 4 - Social Media
Show off all your new racing rig to your friends using twitter, instagram or facebook #opensimrigs.
The plans are copyrighted and licensed for personal use only. The completed or partially completed sim rigs chassis is not permitted to be sold, resold, distributed, mass produced or used in any commercial fashion. The plans may not be reproduce