Designing a button plate process
Requesting a quote for the button box requires, some homework before we can provide an accurate quote.
Choose a wheel rim style & size.
- Open Wheel typically size is 270mm > 300mm (Note bolt pattern is often 50mm due to size, 70mm is large for this small wheel)
- GT3 Wheel rim typical size 320>330mm
- Rally 330mm > 350mm
As a sim racer you should have an idea how many buttons you would like to use in your sim of choice. Choose the type of buttons, switches, rotary encoder & hat switch
- OSR offers 6 styles of momentary buttons
- Various toggle sizes
- CTS rotary encoders or funky switch
- LCD screen
- SLI LED screen
Look at the OSR DIY button place styles for inspiration
If you don't see a style you like, sketch an idea on paper, we are happy to create something unique.
OSR offer 3 styles of paddle shifter mechanism.
OSR offers a wide range of paddle styles.
USB connection type
- 12 mm aviation connector on the enclosure, standard USB male on the CPU end
- USB Type B D connector (We don't recommend this solution because the end can come out during racing)
- Bluetooth wireless
Choose enclosure type
- Carbon fibre 3mm front & rear plates with a plastic composite center enclosure with aluminium sleeves.
- Billet aluminium enclosures on request.
At this point a quote can be given and a 50% cutting deposit will be requested
Production time for a typical DIY button plate kit is 21 days.